Office: Wachman 606
Address: Department of Mathematics
1805 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122
I am an Assistant Professor at Temple University in Philadelphia. I am currently (Spring 2022 term) visiting the University of Warwick. Prior to coming to Philadelphia, I did postdoctoral work at the
University of Oxford, the University of Paris 13 (LAGA), and the Max Planck Institute for Mathematics.
I completed my Ph.D. at UCLA in 2016 under the supervision of Haruzo Hida.
I am interested in algebraic number theory, especially Galois representations, modular forms, elliptic curves, and motives. You can find a copy of my CV here.
Publications and Preprints
A modular construction of unramified p-extensions of Q(N1/p), submitted (arXiv)
With P. Wake
Big images of two-dimensional pseudorepresentations, to appear in Mathematische Annalen (pdf; arXiv; Oberwolfach report; slides)
With A. Conti, A. Medvedovsky
A inf is infinite dimensional, Journal of the Institute of Mathematics of Jussieu, Vol. 20, No. 6 (2021) 1983--1989. (published version; arXiv)
With J. Ludwig
Chow motives associated to certain algebraic Hecke characters, Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, Series B. Vol. 5, (2018) 102--124. (published version; arXiv)
With L. Flapan
- On the image of the Galois representation associated to a non-CM Hida family, Algebra and Number Theory, Vol. 10, No. 1 (2016) 155-194. (published version; arXiv; slides; poster)
- Shadow lines in the arithmetic of elliptic curves, Directions in number theory; Assoc. Women in Math. Ser., 3, Springer, (2016), 33-55. (published version; arXiv)
With J. Balakrishnan, M. Çiperiani, B. Mirza, R. Newton
- Function fields with class number indivisible by a prime l, Acta Arithmetica, Vol. 150 (2011), 339-359. (published version; arXiv)
With M. Daub, M. Merling, A. Pacelli, N. Pitiwan, M. Rosen
Funding I've received
Math programs I have participated in:
*Program specifically for women
- *Women in Numbers -- Europe: 3 2019
Project Group: Local fields and Galois groups with Ramla Abdellatif, Agnès David, Supriya Pisolkar, Beth Romano, Marine Rougnant, Lara Thomas, and Hanneke Wiersema
- MSRI Graduate Summer School 2017; Automorphic forms and the Langlands program
Teaching assistant; (unofficial website)
- CRM Graduate Summer School 2014, Counting Arithmetic Objects
- *Women in Numbers: 3 2014
Project Group: Shadow Lines with Jennifer Balakrishnan, Mirela Çiperiani, Bahare Mirza, and Rachel Newton
- MSRI Graduate Summer School 2013, New Geometric Techniques in Number Theory
- Arizona Winter School 2013, 2014
- Program in Mathematics for Young Scientists (PROMYS) I was a counselor in 2010.
- Part III of the Mathematical Tripos at the University of Cambridge. While doing Part III, I was a student at Churchill College. 2009-2010
- Park City Mathematics Institute 2009
- *Institute for Advanced Study Program for Women in Mathematics 2008
- *Nebraska Conference for Undergraduate Women in Mathematics 2008
- SMALL REU I was a participant in 2008. I worked with Allison Pacelli on a problem in algebraic number theory. Our paper can be found above.
- *Summer Program for Women in Mathematics (SPWM) I was a participant in 2007 and a teaching assistant in 2012.
Here are majors papers I've written for various degrees. I provide them mainly as samples for current students in similar programs.
- Images of Galois representations associated to p-adic families of modular forms, PhD dissertation at UCLA (June 2016); under the supervision of Haruzo Hida
- Two-Descent on the Jacobians of Hyperelliptic Curves, Part III essay at the University of Cambridge (April 2010); under the supervision of T. Fischer
- Properties of Class Groups of a Family of Cyclic Cubic Fields, thesis for MA at Bryn Mawr College (May 2009); under the supervision of H. G. Grundman
Website last updated: 28 December 2021