Math 1041 Calculus I Web Page
Charles Osborne, Course Coordinator
Find Your Sections Syllabus Here
Department of Mathematics
Wachman Hall 1035
Some preliminary items, including a review sheet, can be found here.
Course documents, including the list of homework problems are here.
Here is a library of videos for the course.
Semester add/drop/etc dates and deadlines are listed here.
- James Stewart: Calculus: Early Transcendentals ; 8th Edition,
Cengage Learning ISBN-13: 978-1-305-71030-6
- Please check your syllabus to learn if WebAssign is needed or optional for your class. (If it is optional, it is still highly recommended.) If you want or need to use WebAssign then do not buy a used book or an "ebooks only" option from the publisher.
- If you are repeating this class and took Math 1041/1038 in
Fall 2015 or later then you already have textbook and access to
- If you do not already have a WebAssign account, click here
for our courses microsite from the publisher. Warning: Do not buy the "Cengage Unlimited eTextbooks" option, which does not include WebAssign access. We have asked the publisher to remove that option.
We will cover most of the sections in Chapters 2 - 5.
- Chapter 2: Limits and Derivatives
- Chapter 3: Differentiation Rules
- Chapter 4: Applications of Differentiation
- Chapter 5: Integrals
Note: Your section's Canvas page has been set up as the main portal for your class. Please check there for anything related to the class that you expect to be posted.