Math 1022 Precalculus Web Page
Ellen Panofsky, Course Coordinator
Find Your Sections Syllabus Here
Department of Mathematics
Wachman Hall 538
- Stewart/Redlin/Watson's Precalculus: Mathematics for Calculus, 7th edition, and Enhanced WebAssign, Cengage Learning. Students have the following options for purchasing access to the text: (1) Students may purchase Cengage Unlimited, allowing for access to multiple Cengage products including the e-Book and WebAssign for this course for either a single semester or the entire school year; (2) students may purchase WebAssign and e-Book access; or (3) students may purchase a physical copy of the book either with or without WebAssign access. Students may also obtain a used copy of the book, but it MUST be the correct edition.
We will cover sections in Chapters 2 - 8.
- Chapter 2: Functions
- Chapter 3: Polynomial and Rational Functions
- Chapter 4: Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Chapter 5: Trigonometric Functions: Unit Circle Approach
- Chapter 6: Trigonometric Functions: Right Triangle Approach
- Chapter 7: Analytic Trigonometry
- Chapter 8: Polar Coordinates (Section 8.1 only)
Note: Your section's Canvas page has been set up as the main portal for your class. Please check there for anything related to the class that you expect to be posted.