Contact:Dave Futer or Benni Seibold
The Colloquium usually takes place on Mondays at 4:00 PM in Room 617 on the sixth floor of
The colloquium is preceded by tea starting at 3:30 in the
Faculty Lounge, adjacent to Room 617.
Schedule of Talks - Fall 2010
- September 20, 4:00 PM: Dave
Futer, Temple Unversity,
The rental harmony theorem
[special pinch-hitting talk].
- October 4, 4:00 PM: Afra
Zomorodian, Dartmouth College,
Topological data analysis.
- October 11, 4:00 PM: Dylan
Thurston, Barnard College, Columbia Unversity,
Heegaard Floer homology.
- October 18, 4:00 PM: Tom DeLillo,
transformation for multiply connected domains.
- October 25, 4:00 PM: Walter
Neumann, Columbia Unversity,
What does a complex
surface really look like?
- November 1, 4:00 PM: Daryl
Geller, SUNY Stony Brook,
early universe with wavelets.
- November 8, 4:00 PM: Peter
Hislop, University of Kentucky,
From quantum mechanics to geometry.
- November 15, 9:00 AM: Ehrenpreis Conference,
- November 22, 4:00 PM: Pavel Etingof,
MIT, Topology of the moduli space
of real algebraic curves of genus 0 with n labeled points.
- November 29, 4:00 PM: Lev
Truskinovsky, École Polytechnique,
the critical nature of plasticity.
- December 6, 4:15 PM in Tyler B04: Dmitri
Tymoczko, Princeton Unversity, Department of Music,
The geometry of music
[Joint Colloquium Mathematics and Music].
Past Colloquium Schedules
Spring 2010 | Fall 2009 | Spring 2009 | Fall 2008 | Spring 2008 | Fall 2007 | Spring 2007 | Fall 2006 | Spring 2006 | Fall 2005 | Spring 2005 | Fall 2004 | Fall 2003 and Spring 2004 | Spring 2003 | Fall 2002 | Spring 2002 | Fall 2001 | Spring 2001 | Fall 2000